Meet The Team: Scott Boda's Nitrous 1990 Fox Body
With any performance brand, it is important to have enthusiasts working to ensure that everything that we do is done properly. We know the importance of this, and have enthusiasts from all different backgrounds working at Steeda which not only keeps our quality high but also ensures we have fun with what we do.
What we have here is an incredibly heavily modified 1990 Mustang 5.0 owned and driven by our resident drag racer Plant manager and Director of Engineering and Manufacturing Scott Boda built for street performance and drag racing. Immediately, it is obvious that this is no normal Fox Body Mustang with it sitting on Mickey Thompson drag tires, external parachute, and cut cowl hood to fit the exposed intake piping for the Dart-based 438CI V8 motor.
The car is equipped with a Performance Automatic Super Comp C4 with a PTC converter to control the power as the car pumps out over 700 horsepower before the 200 shot of nitrous. The car is equipped with Steeda coilovers, camber/caster plates, bumpsteer kit, and more to keep it straight down the drag strip. Scott does boast that it is a full-interior car still which keeps it drivable both around town and for blasts down the highway.
About Scott Boda Q&A
How did you get into cars?
My dad had a split window '63 coupe and my mom had a '72 Barracuda, so I've been around muscle cars my whole life. I wanted something like this, so I bought this car in college and daily drove it for a few years.
What moved you into racing your car?
I started building the car up more after running it one night in 1997 and getting beat out in Tallahassee. My friend had a '94 Trans Am on nitrous and convinced me to run it in mine.
What is one of your best memories in this Fox Body?
There are a lot of them. I think one of my favorites was back in the mid-2000s when I did the solid roller cam and 351 and I remember pulling into a parking lot in South Florida. A couple older guys were there and they said "man, you just don't hear cars that sound like this anymore".
From the Factory:
- 1990 Mustang LX
- 5.0L 2-Valve High Output
- 4 speed automatic gearbox
- Dart-Based 438CI Small Block V8
- Bennett Racing KBX Trick Flow High-Port Head
- Custom Bennett Racing Solid-Roller Camshaft
- Nitrous Express Dual Stage Plate System w/200 Shot
- Performance Automatic Super Comp C4 Transmission
- Kooks Long Tube Headers
- Edelbrock Intake
Suspension And Chassis Modifications
- Steeda Weight Jacker Adjustable Mustang Billet Lower Control Arms
- Steeda Mustang Double Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arms
- Steeda Mustang Anti-Roll Bar - Works w/ Tail Pipes
- Steeda Mustang Caster Camber Plates
- Steeda Mustang Bumpsteer Kit
- Autopower MustangDrag Racing Roll Bar
- QA1 Mustang 5.0L TubularK-Member
- Steeda Mustang GT/V6 Competition Lowering Springs
- Tokico Drag Struts
- Rear-Mounted Parachute
- Steeda Mustang Fiberglass 2 Inch Cowl Hood
- FordPerformance Mustang Stainless Steel Hood Pins
Wheel & Tire Modifications
- Weld Draglite
- Mickey Thompson 275/60 ET Street Radial Pro
Top Articles By Scott
S197 Mustang: Everything You Need To Know
New Steeda Sport Lowering Springs For All 5th Generation Ford Explorers
Steeda Ford F-150 Offers Power, Appearance & Handling Upgrades