Check out Mustang 360's review and install our billet aluminum rear shock mounts for the S550.
Once the aftermarket shocks started coming out for the S550 Mustang, people all across the country ran into issues breaking the factory rear shock mount. Whether it was drag racing or road racing with very stiff shocks, customers were having all sorts of issues. That's when the team at Steeda got together to come up with a solution.
Made from billet 6061 aluminum, these mounts are designed to replace the weak cast factory units. Unlike the factory mounts that have a rubber bushing that binds and will deteriorate over time on lowered cars or cars with aggressive shock settings, these units feature a Steeda spec stainless steel spherical Teflon lined bearing for optimum performance and control. Unlike other aftermarket mounts, these mounts are compatible with adjustable shocks that utilize a top mounted adjuster.Steeda also designed this kit to provide 1/4" more clearance for wide rear tires!A great way to keep the bearings protected from the elements is to add-on the Steeda Rear Shock Mount Covers . Steeda also went a step further by making five kits (Please review for fitment):
- 555-8151 : All Stock Shocks, Viking Shocks, Ford Racing Shocks (10mm-1.5 diameter)
- 555-8152 : Steeda Adjustable Pro-Action Shocks, Koni Adjustable Shocks (12mm-1.25 diameter)
- 555-8160 : Steeda Non-Adjustable Pro-Action Shocks, Koni Non-Adjustable Shocks, KW V3 Adjustable Shocks (10mm-1.0 diameter)
If you are running stock shocks now but might upgrade to Pro-Actions in the future, no problem, there is no drilling required like the OEM mounts, these mounts are upgradable with a simple spacer and nut change ( 555-8153 ). The Steeda Billet Shock Mounts are a great upgrade to drag racers and road racers alike, or if you're running aggressive shocks on your car, these will greatly help with control with uncompromised durability.
Note: This rear shock mount DOES NOT fit the Magneride applications.
Purchase your Steeda Billet Rear Shock Mount for your 2015-2019 Mustang GT, EcoBoost or V6 at Steeda Autosports today!
US Patent No.: US D814,287 SProduct Benefits
- Better rear shock control
- Compatible with adjustable shocks
- Stronger than the OEM bracket
- Made in the USA
- Steeda also designed this kit to provide 1/4" more clearance for wide rear tires!