Steeda's GT500 specific rear sway bar kit is a direct bolt on replacement for the factory rear sway bar.
Our 1" diameter solid chrome moly alloy steel bar will reduce understeer and improve steering respond and handling balance. Includes strong billet machined aluminum end links and urethane bushings.Our sway bars have machined steel billet sway bar ends, whereas others on the market have coined ends. What does this mean? Our sway bar ends are machined out of billet steel round stock, in-house, on our multi-axis CNC lathes and go through hundreds of computer simulations to ensure the ultimate in strength and performance - this provides greater resistance to bending stresses, and has three major advantages:
- These parts are less prone to cracking/fatigue failure on the ends themselves.
- It also reduces unwanted deflection in the sway bar end. Excess deflection creates unwanted geometry changes, which physically changes your sway bar stiffness to a non-ideal rate.
- With less unwanted deflection, our bars will 'wear out' slower - any spring will eventually become softer over time as it is cycled through its life, our bars will maintain their designed rate for longer with less unwanted deflection.
Our bar rates are developed and optimized through advanced vehicle dynamic simulation and through extensive real-world testing. We engineered these bars to control the vehicles' roll stiffness properly while still allowing you to run softer springs. This optimizes your overall grip and balance of the vehicle while still allowing you to maintain exceptional ride quality.
Note: Does not fit convertible Mustangs.
It's the little things that make a big difference when it comes to Steeda sway bars, learn more on our blog: https://www.steedablog.com/2009/07/swaybars-the-steeda-difference/
Read about what Billy Johnson, a professional racecar driver, has to say about the Steeda GT500 Rear Sway Bar in his article on MotoIQ.Product Benefits
- Direct bolt on replacement
- Billet end links and Urethane bushings
- Chrome moly alloy steel construction - twice as strong as mild steel
- Reduced understeer and improved handling