Full 1.375" diameter for superior handling, flatter cornering and better stability. Steeda's 555-1087 bar is four pounds lighter than the stock 1987-1993 sway bar and lighter than most other aftermarket sway bars. Sway bars come with new polyurethane pivot bushings.
Note: Steeda Sway Bar Spacer Kit required on 2003 & 2004 Cobra Mustangs
Our sway bars have machined steel billet sway bar ends, whereas others on the market have coined ends. What does this mean? Our sway bar ends are machined out of billet steel round stock, in-house, on our multi-axis CNC lathes and go through hundreds of computer simulations to ensure the ultimate in strength and performance - this provides greater resistance to bending stresses, and has three major advantages:
|Year ||Factory or Aftermarket ||Steeda |
|85-93 ||1-5/16 21.5 lbs ||15% stiffer 17.5 lbs |
|93 Cobra ||1-1/8 16.5 lbs ||100% stiffer 17.5 lbs |
|94-95 ||GT 27mm 9 lbs ||150% stiffer 11.8 lbs |
|94-95 ||Cobra 25mm 8 lbs ||220% stiffer 11.8 lbs |
|95 Cobra R ||33mm 11.5 lbs ||15% stiffer 11.8 lbs |
|97-98 Cobra ||29mm 9.5 lbs ||85% stiffer 11.8 lbs |
|99-02 ||27mm 9 lbs ||150% stiffer 11.8 lbs |
|Addco 94-03 ||35mm 23.5 lbs ||28% softer 11.8 lbs |
- These parts are less prone to cracking/fatigue failure on the ends themselves.
- It also reduces unwanted deflection in the sway bar end. Excess deflection creates unwanted geometry changes, which physically changes your sway bar stiffness to a non-ideal rate.
- With less unwanted deflection, our bars will 'wear out' slower - any spring will eventually become softer over time as it is cycled through its life, our bars will maintain their designed rate for longer with less unwanted deflection.
Our bar rates are developed and optimized through advanced vehicle dynamic simulation and through extensive real-world testing. We engineered these bars to control the vehicles' roll stiffness properly while still allowing you to run softer springs. This optimizes your overall grip and balance of the vehicle while still allowing you to maintain exceptional ride quality. Product Notes
- End link kit 122-9-8124-G required for 1994-1995 Mustangs
- 1979-1993 Sway bars come with new end link bushings
- 1996-2004 Mustangs re-use the factory end link bushings
It's the little things that make a big difference when it comes to Steeda sway bars, learn more on our blog: https://www.steedablog.com/2009/07/swaybars-the-steeda-difference/