Once you change the gears in your differential, you need a new speedometer gear to recalibrate your speedometer. They're inexpensive, and only take a few minutes to change.
These Recalibration Gears fit 1979-1998 Mustangs. Please check our Hot New Product Section for information on 1999 and 2002 Mustangs.
Instructions: Note transmission type, model and resulting drive gear. Cross reference with your rear-end gear ratio to find the correct "recalibration" gear for your application.
- 1983-1989 T-5 OEM
- Pre 1993 T-5 Aftermarket
- 1996-1998 Cobra T-45 OEM
- All Tremec Transmissions
- 1990-1995 T-5 OEM
- 1996-1998 T-45 OEM Except Cobra
- 1983-1989 Automatic Transmissions
- 1990-1998 Automatic Transmissions
- Allows speedo to work with changed differential gears
- Easy to install
WARNING: California Residents: Cancer and Reproductive Harm; www.p65warnings.ca.gov
- Installation Difficulty:
- Tools Required:
- Basic Shop Tools
- Estimated Install Time:
- (approx.) 1 Hour
- Vehicle Fitment:
- 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998