If your craving more power from your Cobra Terminator, Whipple has the answer. Get the industries most efficient and latest designed twin-screw supercharger available today. The new Whipple-Ford Racing system can produce incredible power levels with stock 4.6L Cobra engines as well as highly modified engines. The revolutionary new W140ax compressor has the ability to run nearly 25lbs of boost (engine modifications required) for unheralded performance.
This direct bolt-on replacement system dramatically lowers supercharger air temperatures and power consumption (hp) versus the factory Eaton roots-type supercharger. The complete bolt-on system comes with all the necessary parts for 13lbs of boost which requires zero modifications to the engine or PCM. The Whipple-Ford Racing system is available in two styles, one for the factory throttle body and one for aftermarket throttle bodies such as Billet Flows and Accufabs.
Other companies make false claims and inaccurate judgments regarding supercharger efficiency and kits. It's a simple fact that the Whipple Supercharger produces more air per rpm at lower temps and lower parasitic losses. The factory engine can run up to 17psi on pump gas while modified engines can run up to 25psi.
The Whipple-Ford Racing Cobra kit not only offers a better supercharger, but the potential to have one of the fastest, most powerful street machines on the road today. The Whipple discharge plate offers far more plenum area as well as a much greater radius to help distribute the air evenly over the entire intercooler core. Whipple's air bypass system was also properly engineered into the SC discharge for proper function unlike other systems. This allows lower discharge temps and less parasitic losses during operation. Don't fall for the misleading advertising, there is simply no comparison in quality and performance.Product Features:
- Direct bolt on replacement
- CAD designed air inlet and SC discharge for maximum air flow
- Available for stock throttle bodu or larger mouth mono blade ( Accufab, Billetflow)
- More power, cooler charge temp, less power consumption/parasitic loss than stock Eaton
- Up to 95% efficiency
- Over 80 hp gain at 13 psi
- Best $$ value bolt on. More power than headers, cam, throttle body, MAF meter, chip and filter COMBINED
- No "boost drop off" ( stock Eaton is 13 [email protected] and only 10.5 psi @ 6000)
- No " boost lag" as with centrifugals and turbos
- Boost range 8-25 psi
- no need for separate oil reservoir system or "catch can"
- Billet oversized bypass valve for decreased operating temps and decreased parasitic losses
- Internally lubricated. no tapping holes in pan required
- Factory fit and finish
- Available polished or black satin
- Stock fuel system and factory PCM is ok for 13 psi on stock engines
- Engines with boost levels above 13 psi will require custom PCM calibraton