Money Well Spent
Some of the reviews for this part already mention some of the things I'm going to list, but they are all worth noting.
I have a 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium with the turbo 4 and front wheel drive. I was somewhat impressed with the handling of the car when I first bought it in 2016. But coming from a Mazda 6 S, the Fusion drove like a well set up big car and not the sporty sedan that I was used to. Now, after over 60,000 miles of driving, the car started to feel a little heavier in the corners.
While the suspension was still good, I wanted something to make the car feel more nimble for those rare occasions where I really get a chance to toss it around corners. Having had a good experience with the Steeda CAI on my Fusion, I decided to pick up the strut tower brace.
I'll start with the bad:
- As mentioned in other reviews, it does make the steering a little heavier. However, I don't mind the change and my wife doesn't have any problems with the small amount of additional effort it takes to turn the steering wheel.
- I had a little bit of an issue with one of the new threaded bolts during installation. When trying to screw in one of the new bolts, I couldn't get it to start and ended up messing up the thread and rendered the new bolt unusable.
Now the good:
- Definitely feels better planted in the corners. There is still some body roll, but with a car of this size it is expected.
- Car has more grip around corners, even on wet pavement.
- On rough or uneven pavement, the car feels less like it wants to pull to the side of the worst of the road surfaces. Some reviews have mentioned that the car can be less stable on rough pavement, but I have not observed that.
- Other than the issue I had with one bolt (which could very well have been my fault), installation was a breeze. It too me longer to find my freaking 10mm socket than the whole install took. You really don't need to be mechanically inclined to install this, all you need to be able to do is turn a wrench.
Overall, I am highly satisfied with the product, the speed of delivery, and the ease of installation. Steeda has made another quality product that works exactly as advertised and is fairly priced for what you get.
Reviewed by: (Verified Buyer) Casey from NW Ohio on 3/27/2020