Springs are the foundation of good handling. So start with the best. Our experience and expertise in high performance street and racing suspension systems is second to none. Put that experience to work for you. Steeda springs are all custom made to our specifications. Specifications that have been refined and improved through years of testing.
Steeda's performance lowering springs improve the overall handling of the by lowering the center of gravity and reducing body roll and pitching during braking. The reduced longitudinal pitch of the vehicle during heavy braking improves the overall braking efficiency. The higher rate of the front springs reduces the amount of load transferred to the front tires. This causes the load on all four tires to be more evenly distributed providing additional traction to the rear tires. The additional gain in rear traction can also improve brake performance and result in reduced braking distances.
The increase in spring rate also reduces body roll, which improves handling and steering response. Reduced body roll also confines the suspension geometry to stay within parameters that enhance the tire contact patch relative to the road, The result is improved vehicle cornering and handling. Higher cornering limits can be achieved as the built in understeer characteristics of the vehicle are reduced and provide for a more neutral handling platform.
All these benefits along with the excellent ride quality Steeda Sport springs are famous for. Steeda Sport Springs give you the best of both worlds. Performance and ride quality.
Steeda Springs are manufactured under these rigorous manufacturing certifications: QS-9000 & ISO 9001
- 79-04 Sport Springs lower the car 1” to 1 1/4”
- Spring rates 650 lb front, 250 lb rear
- Big improvement in handling and looks
- Maintains good ride quality
- High quality high silicon content steel wire rides better than other brands with similar spring rates
2003-04 Cobra Sport Springs
- 1.25" front and 1.00" rear
- Spring rate front working range 720-780 lb/in
- Spring rate rear working range 650-790 lb/in
- Better handling with more stable cornering
- Maintains good ride quality for daily driving
- Big improvement in handling and noticeable reduction in nosedive
All lowering springs are not created equal. Read our Steeda blog post to learn more: http://www.steedablog.com/2010/08/all-lowering-springs-are-not-created-equal/