Steeda's 1 3/8 inch diameter competition front sway bar evolved from our original adjustable front sway bar and gives you an added level of control over our original adjustable sway bar.
Designed and manufactured exclusively by Steeda in the USA to the highest possible standards, Steeda Front Sway bars withstand the rigors of high performance racing whole providing the performance and handling benefits you want without degrading ride quality for street use.
Like the original this bar features 3 adjustment positions for fine tuning of handling balance. This bar provides an additional 17% increase in roll stiffness over our original adjustable front sway bar. This calculates to a 102% increase in front roll stiffness over a 2005-2010 V6 factory sway bar, and a 27% increase in front roll stiffness compared to the factory GT and GT500 front sway bar.
Steeda's sway bars feature our unique and patented welded billet ends instead stamping the ends like competitive designs. Most sway bars available today are made from a solid round bar whose ends are smashed flat and drilled for mounting holes. Our welded end connection is far stronger than stamping the end of the bar. Combined with billet machined construction for the sway bar ends makes for far greater strength for a practically bulletproof sway bar.
Looking for the ultimate competition level handling combination? Use this sway bar with Steeda's 555-1071 Mustang rear sway bar for competition level handling, here.
Our sway bars have machined steel billet sway bar ends, whereas others on the market have coined ends. What does this mean? Our sway bar ends are machined out of billet steel round stock, in-house, on our multi-axis CNC lathes and go through hundreds of computer simulations to ensure the ultimate in strength and performance - this provides greater resistance to bending stresses, and has three major advantages:
- These parts are less prone to cracking/fatigue failure on the ends themselves.
- It also reduces unwanted deflection in the sway bar end. Excess deflection creates unwanted geometry changes, which physically changes your sway bar stiffness to a non-ideal rate.
- With less unwanted deflection, our bars will 'wear out’ slower - any spring will eventually become softer over time as it is cycled through its life, our bars will maintain their designed rate for longer with less unwanted deflection.
Our bar rates are developed and optimized through advanced vehicle dynamic simulation and through extensive real-world testing. We engineered these bars to control the vehicles' roll stiffness properly while still allowing you to run softer springs. This optimizes your overall grip and balance of the vehicle while still allowing you to maintain exceptional ride quality.
- Billet welded ends for ultimate strength!
- 3 position adjustment for fine tuning of handling balance
- Direct bolt on replacement!
- Competition-tested and proven!
It's the little things that make a big difference when it comes to Steeda sway bars, learn more on our blog: http://www.steedablog.com/2009/07/swaybars-the-steeda-difference/