*** Discontinued ***
Need more axle control with those sticky tires? The new Steeda Tubular Upper 3rd-Link gives you the ability to eliminate the torque deflection associated with the factory piece.
Steeda's upper link uses our track proven three-piece urethane bushing design on the chassis end to eliminate the annoying windup and wheel-hop you get with the soft factory bushing.
Steeda's upper 3rd link is a direct replacement for the factory original bolting into the factory location. Aluminum reinforced plates are a very high, aircraft quality. Comes Blue Powdercoated with bump stop and hardware.
Stepped Spacer DetailsNotes
This spacer is designed to fix the problem with the OEM upper link. At the attachment point for the upper link to the chassis mount Ford uses a 14mm bolt, but the opening in the mount is 16mm. This is not typically a problem with the OEM mount as it uses a soft hydra mount bushing to soften this. But once an aftermarket upper is installed with a urethane bushing can transmit this noise or clunk. This space can be installed with all aftermarket upper that still use a 14mm bolt. The stepped spacer takes up the slop and eliminates all noise from the upper. Note, it does work with aftermarket chassis mounts with smaller then 16mm bolt holes.
- All Steeda Upper Third Links produced on or after February 2007 include the Stepped Spacers.
- Steeda's non-adjustable upper third link part number 555-4096 is intended for use on lowered vehicles only. Steeda's 555-4097 upper 3rd link can be used on stock ride height and lowered applications.
Learn the differences in Steeda brand control arms, read our blog post for more info: https://www.steedablog.com/2012/01/the-hidden-difference-in-control-arms/ Product Benefits
- Better handling with more stable cornering, while maintaining good ride quality
- Excellent bang-for-the-buck suspension piece
- More Traction, which means lower 60fts!