Steeda's in house designed and engineered 13" rear disc brake kit for S197 Mustangs and new GT500 has been developed utilizing the knowledge gained from Steeda's vast competition experience dating back to IMSA racing with 1993 and 95 Cobra R's.
This kit is the lightest of its kind on the market resulting in less unsprung weight and rotating mass. The wider, larger diameter custom designed DBA sourced vented rotors provide better cooling and are slotted to disperse heat and gas buildup reducing brake fade. The brackets are manufactured from aircraft grade aluminum for greater strength and lighter weight. When combined with Steeda's 14" front disc brake kit, the 13" rear brakes provide optimum braking under all conditions.
Steeda's kit retains the excellent Ford factory caliper maintaining the proper piston size for compatibility with the sensitive Mustang Anti-Lock brake system and allows for easy sourcing of replacement brake pads and friction compounds. Also included are stainless steel braided brake hoses featuring factory brackets for easy O.E. type install. Steeda's kit at 13 inches in diameter also has better wheel fitment choices than competitive 14 inch kits. Our 13" kit will fit behind most factory 17" or larger wheels.
Order yours today to improve the looks and function of your Mustang's brakes!Product Benefits
- Increased width for better wear and cooling
- Large Directional cooling vents
- Lighter and stronger aircraft aluminum bracket
- Lightest rear brake upgrade kit on the market
- Perfect match for Steeda 14" front brake kit
- Easy aftermarket wheel fitment
- Can use stock brake pad options
- Excellent upgrade for the Ford GT500
- Fits factory 17" wheel options