The Ford Performance all-aluminum 2017 5.0L Coyote crate engine is a 5.0L 32-valve DOHC V-8 that uses advanced features like Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT), giving it the ability to deliver 435 horsepower @ 6,500 rpm and 400 ft.-lb.+ of torque @ 4,250 rpm (with premium fuel). The lightweight aluminum cylinder block features cross-bolted main bearing caps and thick main bearing bulkheads for bottom-end strength, optimized oil drainback and windage control to improve high-rpm performance.
- 435 Horsepower @ 6,500 rpm
- 400 ft.-lb.+ Torque @ 4,250 rpm
- 11.0:1 Compression ratio
- Hypereutectic aluminum pistons
- Forged steel connecting rods
- Forged steel crankshaft
- Aluminum block 8qt capacity oil pan
- Tuned composite intake manifold provides efficient air delivery and weight savings
- 80 mm single bore "drive by wire" throttle body with variable runner control
- Aluminum cylinder heads, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, Variable intake and exhaust camshaft timing
NOTE: For low oil sensor to function in 2015-2016 Mustang, re-use existing oil pan.