Ford's new S550 Mustang platform is one of the best handling Mustangs to date from the factory. Steeda, like always, has found ways to continually push the boundaries of the new 2015-2017 Mustang's suspension. From the factory, the OE components are designed without any camber adjustment for alignment purposes. The factory strut mounts also utilize a bushing style mount resulting in excessive bending stress on your dampers, steering system bind, and may even cause premature failure.
Our Steeda S550 Mustang Camber Plates for coilovers for Mustang GT, GT350, GT350R, EcoBoost, and V6 are great for both street and track use. Our camber plates come into play when lowering your vehicle. With the addition of our new adjustable strut mounts on your lowered 'Stang, you will be able to correct excessive negative camber and increase your front steering response. If you lowered your daily driven S550 Mustang, running the correct camber will eliminate uneven tire wear.
Our camber plates are ideal for both daily driving or tracking your S550. With the addition of these camber plates, you will be able to dial in precise front suspension camber for each front toe adjustments resulting in a more balanced and predictable vehicle on the street or track. You will notice improved overall handling capabilities, elimination of understeer and increase in your Mustang's turn-in response. In testing, we have seen maximum lateral acceleration increase by 0.11 G's post-installation of our Steeda S550 Mustang Camber Plates. Maximum lateral acceleration may vary depending on other variables such as tires or outside weather factors.
Please note: Our camber plates do not include caster adjustment. Ford has given the S550 Mustang 7 degrees of caster right from the factory - typical racecar values of caster range from 6 - 8 degrees; any additional caster added to this system will pull the front suspension out of its ideal camber range.
Note: Our Steeda S550 Mustang Camber Plates are compatible with KW Suspension V3 Coilover Kits and Viking Performance Coilover Kits
See this product in action in our Steeda Q500
Notice how composed our Q500 is throughout this turn at Palm beach International Raceway
- Ideal for any lowered street or track Mustang with coil overs
- Reduce excessive uneven tire wear which can result from lowering your car
- Most adjustment range on the market: adjust camber angle from -0.3 degrees to -2.8 degrees
- Highest quality, stainless steel, Teflon-lined bearings included
- Nickel-plated bearing housing, Tig-welded and CNC machined to exact tolerances
- Grade 10.9 hardware and nylock nuts included
- Increased front grip, turn-in response, and cornering performance
- Reduced understeer
- Increase overall cornering capability by 0.11 G's
- No increase in NVH
- Specifically designed for the S550 chassis and front suspension system with coil overs
- No permanent modifications required
- Steeda American-made quality, backed by a lifetime warranty
- Compatible with KW Suspension V3 Coilover Kits and Viking Performance Coilovers
- Fits 2015-2020 Mustang GT, GT350, GT350R, EcoBoost, or V6