Steeda's competition proven rear sway bar for 2005 and newer Mustang is a direct replacement bar that provides balanced handling performance.
This beefy 1.25" diameter bar provides increase rear roll stiffness for balanced handling, improved steering response, elimination of understeer and noticeably improved balance. This bar is a must have upgrade for the performance enthusiast driver.
Includes a beefy steel alloy 1.25" diameter sway bar with billet machined aluminum sway bar end links with higher durometer urethane bushings and all mounting hardware.
Our sway bars have machined steel billet sway bar ends, whereas others on the market have coined ends. What does this mean? Our sway bar ends are machined out of billet steel round stock, in-house, on our multi-axis CNC lathes and go through hundreds of computer simulations to ensure the ultimate in strength and performance - this provides greater resistance to bending stresses, and has three major advantages:
- These parts are less prone to cracking/fatigue failure on the ends themselves.
- It also reduces unwanted deflection in the sway bar end. Excess deflection creates unwanted geometry changes, which physically changes your sway bar stiffness to a non-ideal rate.
- With less unwanted deflection, our bars will 'wear out’ slower - any spring will eventually become softer over time as it is cycled through its life, our bars will maintain their designed rate for longer with less unwanted deflection.
Our bar rates are developed and optimized through advanced vehicle dynamic simulation and through extensive real-world testing. We engineered these bars to control the vehicles' roll stiffness properly while still allowing you to run softer springs. This optimizes your overall grip and balance of the vehicle while still allowing you to maintain exceptional ride quality.
- Direct bolt on replacement
- Competition level proven handling performance
- Improves steering response and eliminates understeer
It's the little things that make a big difference when it comes to Steeda sway bars, learn more on our blog: http://www.steedablog.com/2009/07/swaybars-the-steeda-difference/