Springs are the foundation of good handling. So start with the best. Our experience and expertise in high performance street and racing suspension systems is second to none. Put that experience to work for you. Steeda springs are all custom made to our specifications- specifications that have been refined and improved through years of testing.
Steeda's performance lowering springs improve the overall handling of the 2003 Cobra by lowering the center of gravity and reducing body roll and pitching motion. The reduced longitudinal pitch of the vehicle during heavy braking, due to the optimized spring calibration, improves the overall braking efficiency. The higher rate of the front springs reduces the amount of load transferred to the front tires. This causes the load on all four tires to be more evenly distributed providing additional traction to the rear tires. The additional gain in rear traction usually results in reduced braking distances.
The proportionate increase in spring rate also reduces body roll, which limits adverse suspension movement. This confines the suspension geometry to stay within parameters that enhance the tires contact patch relative to the road, The result is improved vehicle cornering and handling, because front and rear tire loading is more evenly distributed. Therefore, higher cornering limits can be achieved because the built in understeer characteristics are reduced and provide for a more neutral yet safe vehicle.
- Lowers the car approximately 1 1/4”
- Ultimate handling with a street-able ride
- Slightly firmer ride than Sport Springs
- O.E. on Steeda’s 5th Anniversary Mustangs
Full Competition Springs
- Approximate 1-1/4" to 1-1/2" lowering
- For all out road racing competition.
- Recommended for Mustangs with 351 engine or race weight of more than 3300 lbs.
- Spring rate 850-1050 lbs. per inch
- Front springs only-Use with Sport or Competition/Street rears
Steeda Springs are manufactured under these rigorous manufacturing certifications: QS-9000 & ISO 9001
- Better handling with more stable cornering
- Designed for competition racing
All lowering springs are not created equal. Read our Steeda blog post to learn more: http://www.steedablog.com/2010/08/all-lowering-springs-are-not-created-equal/