8 replies to this topic

#1 Steeda Snakes

Steeda Snakes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:40 PM

This thread will contain the most accurate list to date of information pertaining to the 1998 Steeda Cobra.  The following is information posted elsewhere on this board from individuals at Steeda;

Steeda did build more than 13 vehicles in general during the 98 model year, including a few Expeditions, Explorers and Rangers. A guess would be closer to 30+ minimum, but I have records for only 13, 7 of those being cobra's and the cobra's are as follow's:

1. 98-003 Last 6 VIN 152887 No Color Recorded
2. 98-006 Last 6 VIN 209945 Yellow
3. 98-007 Last 6 VIN 210561 Yellow
4. 98-009 Last 6 VIN 226110 Red
5. 98-010 Last 6 VIN 223728 Yellow
6. 98-011 Last 6 VIN 191240 Yellow
7. 98-015 Last 6 VIN 144144 White

Keep in mind, due to poor record keeping during early Steeda build's, there may be more cobra's floating around, as well as GT's, and trucks. If anyone know's of any other vehicle's that may have been left out, please let me know so I may add to our records and offer a more comprehensive registry when that materialize's

Owners or previous owners of a 1998 Steeda Cobra..........please post the information (and pics) pertaining to your vehicle or previous vehicle.  Hopefully, this list will grow and eventually become complete. 
Posted Image
2013 Mercedes Benz C350
2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
2003 Saleen S281SC Speedster
1998 Steeda Cobra #015

#2 Steeda Snakes

Steeda Snakes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:43 PM

Here is the info on mine;

Posted Image

1998 Crystal White Steeda Mustang Cobra #015
Limited Edition by Ford SVT.
#1335 of a build of 5174 coupes sold in ‘98
One of 506 white with black leather coupes

Limited Edition by Steeda Autosports
#15 of a build of 15 Cobras sold in ‘98
The only white Cobra produced in ‘98
Currently, the only white on white (wheels) ever produced by Steeda

Dyno-tuning by Steeda Autosports resulted in 458 rear wheel horsepower and 390 rear wheel torque.  This is approximately 540 horsepower and 460 torque at the crank.

Car was featured in the August 1999 issue of HOT ROD magazine.

Car was awarded Best Steeda Cruiser by Dario Orlando, owner of Steeda Autosports in the 1st Annual Steeda Stampede, competing against over 150 other Steeda Mustangs.  Also placed Best of Show, First place and Second Place in numerous other car shows.

Engine / Performance Modifications
Vortech S-Trim Supercharger
Steeda Power Pipe
Steeda Aluminum Discharge Tube
Pro-M77 Mass Air Sensor
K&N Air Filter
SVO 30 lb. Injectors
T-Rex 190 Fuel Pump
MSD DIS-4 Ignition
Steeda Timing Adjuster
Bassani "X" Pipe
Flow Master Cat Back Exhaust System (2 chamber)
3 1/2" chrome exhaust tips
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
SVO Aluminum Driveshaft
SVO 3:73 Ring and Pinon Gear
Auburn Limited Slip Locking Differential
Mobil 1 synthetic oil

Suspension / Handling Modifications
Full Steeda Suspension:
Steeda Offset A-arm Bushings
Steeda Offset Steering Rack Bushings
Steeda G-Load Brace
Steeda Front Sway Bar
Steeda Caster / Camber Plates
Steeda Strut Tower Brace
Steeda Sport Springs
Steeda Spring Isolators
Tokico Illumina 5-way Adjustable Struts and Shocks
Steeda Sub-Frame Connectors
Steeda Sub-Frame Cross Braces
Steeda Rear Upper Control Arms
Steeda Aluminum Rear Lower Control Arms
Steeda Adjustable Rear Sway Bar
Steeda Power Slot Rotors
Steeda High Performance Street Brake Pads
Steeda Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Steeda SSR 18x9 UltraLite Wheels (custom powder-coated white)
Nitto 555 Extreme ZR 285-35 Tires
Steeda Lug Lockers

Styling / Graphics Modification
Steeda Decal Kit
Steeda Sidewinder Graphics
Steeda Race Wing
Steeda Rear Deck Lid Emblem
“Supercharged” Hood Decals
Autometer White Faced Gauges (Boost/Fuel)
Steeda License Plate Frame
Black Taillight Bezels
Rear Cobra Bumper Letters
Cobra Grill Emblem
Steeda Carbon Fiber Dash Kit
Steeda Billet Aluminum Door Sills
Steeda Billet Aluminum Pedal Covers
Steeda Billet Aluminum Shit Knob
Steeda Billet Aluminum AC Knobs
Steeda Billet Aluminum Headlight Knob
Steeda Billet Aluminum Rear Defroster Knob
Steeda Floor Mats
Steeda Seatbelt Pads
Steeda Billet Aluminum Shifter Bezel Trim Ring
SVT Billet Aluminum Clothing Hanger
Steeda Billet Aluminum Oil Cap
Steeda Billet Aluminum Radiator Cap
Steeda Billet Aluminum Brake Reservoir Cap
Steeda Billet Aluminum Power Steering Cap
Steeda Billet Aluminum Fuse Box Cover
Steeda Badging
Posted Image
2013 Mercedes Benz C350
2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
1998 Steeda Cobra #015

#3 #98-010

#98-010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:03 PM

STEEDA COBRA 98-010
STEEDA BUILD DATE 10/30/98
SOLD AT YOUNG FORD INC. IN CHARLOTTE, NC
409 RWHP/357 RWTQ

Modifications:
Steeda Sport Springs,Tokico (5) Way Adjustable Struts & Shocks,Alloy (4130) Strut Tower Brace,G-Trac Brace,and Sub-Frame Braces,Steeda Heavy Duty Upper and Aluminum Lower Control Arms,Steeda 1 3/8 Tubular Front Anti-Sway Bar & Adjustable Rear Anti-Sway Bar,Steeda Caster/Camber Plates, Steeda Custom Sidewinder Graphics Package,Steeda Custom Floor mats,Steeda Trunk Emblem,Steeda Brakes,Steeda Stainless Steel Brake Lines,Steeda Thermostat,Steeda Cobra R Hood,Vortech S-Trim Supercharger,T-Rex Pump,Pro M 77mm Mass Air Sensor,K&N Air Filter,Bassani/Flowmaster Exhaust System,Steeda Custom Aluminum Core Radiator, Steeda/Autometer White Face Fuel Pressure and Boost Dual Gauge Kit,Steeda Billet Aluminum Short Throw Shifter,Steeda Shift Knob,Motorsport 3:73 Gears,Auburn Differential, Motorsport Aluminum Driveshaft. 

I didn't care for the front bumper part of the decals so I took them off. Later (after this pic) I added different wheels with 315/35's in the back to try and get better traction......haha....it didn't help. Best of luck to everyone. Double click pic to enlarge (you have to be logged in)

Attached Files

• Attached File  35_.jpg   65.27K   10 downloads

#4 proudgeek

proudgeek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

Hello.  I recently became the 4th owner of yellow Steeda Cobra #98-011.  Even though the previous owners left some documentation, I am not a Steeda expert and it is hard to figure out whether some of its current parts were installed as part of the Steeda package or if they were owner installed post delivery.  I called Steeda last week and they have no additional details regarding this build.  Maybe someone here can help me make some sense out of this but I have the feeling that it is what it is.

I have a copy of the signed contract between Steeda and the original owner stating for 011 to receive the suspension, aerodynamics, engine, and driveline packages.  The contract also has a breakdown of what is included as part of each package.  For example, the aerodynamics package only lists "Steeda custom windshield graphics" and "Steeda bue oval".  I also have the 1998 Steeda Mustang brochure listing the three available conversion packages -- Mustang, Mamba, and Cobra -- with all their respective standard and optional configurations.  Since the brochure specifies that the "Rear aero wing" is standard in the Cobra package but it's not listed in the contract, can I assume that the car came with the wing and that the contract only lists those things that were considered conversion package options?  The contract lists the Vortech under the engine package but it is standard in the brochure.  Confusing.  There is no correlation between the brochure and the contract.

Also, the brochure lists two possible wheel options as part of the standard Cobra configuration: 17x9 BBS web or 17x9 Pentar II 5-spokes, but the contract does not specify which ones were to be configured as part of this build.  The car now has bullitt wheels so I can't tell what it was delivered with.  Also, the promotional brochures show a yellow Cobra with what seem to be Ultralite wheels.  Confusing.

Thanks in advance.

#5 steedacobra

steedacobra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

I'm the original and current owner of 98-009. I sold the car back in 2008 to a collector in california, and just recently bought it back from him. It is the only red cobra steeda built that year and was the first serial numbered car to be displayed in their new at the time showroom.  The car has all documentation from steeda and has had no changes made to it other than the wheels. I am in the process of bringing it back to better than new condition and will post pictures when completed.

#6 Steeda Snakes

Steeda Snakes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:08 AM

Anybody out here?  Wondering where the '98 Steeda Cobra owners are at.  It would be cool if we could somehow all get together.

Dennis
Posted Image
2013 Mercedes Benz C350
2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
1998 Steeda Cobra #015

#7 proudgeek

proudgeek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

Hello.  98-011 is active down here in south florida. I wonder where everyone else is at.

Posted Image

#8 Steeda Snakes

Steeda Snakes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:33 AM

View Postproudgeek, on 21 June 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

Hello.  98-011 is active down here in south florida. I wonder where everyone else is at.

Posted Image

Nice car!  Just getting back into the scen after about a 5 year absence.  Back when I started some of these threads on here, the owner of the #010 car and I were trying to GTG, but lost contact with one another.  It sure would be cool, if we could somehow get whats left of these cars together.  The upcoming Stampede would be great, but the wife and I will be busy on business on that day.  Do you ever make it to Texas?
Posted Image
2013 Mercedes Benz C350
2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
1998 Steeda Cobra #015

#9 steeda003

steeda003

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

I am the owner of 98-003 it is a yellow convertible Cobra. I will post pics soon as i'm need to sale it soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users