Get the same ultra-efficient Whipple twin-screw supercharger that's utilized on the new 550HP Ford GT. With the industry's largest, most efficient, latest designed twin-screw superchargers, the Whipple can produce incredible power levels with the stock 4.6L Cobra engine as well as highly modified engines. Run 8-15psi of boost on pump gas and have the ability to produce nearly 25psi for racing applications.
This is a direct bolt-on replacement with dramatically lower temps and power consumption (hp) than the factory Eaton roots-type supercharger. The Whipple Supercharger has passed the OEM standards to be factory equipment on the Ford GT and will provide you with unsurpassed reliability and durability. With the latest rotor, bearing and case design, Whipple is simply the best available option.
It's a simple fact that the Whipple-Lysholm supercharger has gone through more endurance testing and has passed the strenuous standards of Ford as well as Eaton. Whipple's Cobra kit not only offers a better supercharger, but also offers far more engineering to help produce more power per pound of boost than any other supercharger. The Whipple supercharger inlet is nearly 35% larger, which offers a much lower possibility for starving the compressor for air at high power levels. The Whipple discharge plate offers far more plenum area as well as a much greater radius to help distribute the air evenly over the entire intercooler core. Whipple's air bypass system also actually functions properly. This allows for lower discharge temps and less parasitic losses during operation.
- INSTANT BOOST / HORSEPOWER & TORQUE AT ANY RPM
- Largest displacement screw compressor available.
- Direct bolt on replacement. CAD designed air inlet for maximum air flow.
- Available for stock throttle body or larger mouth mono blade (Accufab, Billetflow).
- More power, cooler charge temp, less power consumption/parasitic loss than stock Eaton.
- Up to 95% efficiency.
- Over 80hp gain at 13psi.
- Best $$ value bolt on.
- More power than headers, cam, throttle body, MAF meter, chip and filter COMBINED.
- No "boost drop off" (stock Eaton is 13 psi @ 4000 and only 10.5 psi @ 6000).
- No "boost lag" as with centrifugals and turbos. Boost range 8 - 25 psi.
- No need for separate oil reservoir system or “catch can”.
- Billet oversized bypass valve for decreased operating temps.
- Internally lubricated. No tapping holes in pan required.
- Factory fit and finish.
- Kit includes supercharger, supercharger inlet, adapter plate, pulley, pulley plate, drive belt and hardware kit
- Kits include Ford Racing Pro-Cal tool with custom calibration with improved throttle response. Calibrations are 50 state emissions legal.
- Simple bolt on increase at the rear wheels of 85 horsepower and 50 ft./lbs. of torque
- Designed by Ford Racing and Whipple engineers
- Installation of this kit will void your new vehicle engine warranty